11 January 2010

A Changeful Year


Hello and happy Nu Yeah!

Where have I been right?

I know. And I’m sooooooo sorry; I was forced to London to see the queen…even though I’m not the pussy cat. And oh, how I misssd y’all! These eight weeks have been tough but worth the while for at the end of the day, yours truly found her way here reloaded and rejuvenated. And it sure feels good to be here with u again. I’m glad we chested the tapes of 2009 together and made it into 2010. Whoa!!!

It’s a jubilee year in our part of the world and I’m confident we will triumph in many areas of our lives regardless of what the enemy hauls our way this time……in Jesus name. Amen?

After a rather long hiatus, I feel it is okay to catch up on all that’s happened to us and around us……..isn’t that what friends do?

The ‘Do it Different’ exercise I embarked on in November is still on, and the results so far are awesome; you won’t believe the many things I’ve come to discover about how people respond to change. Generally, nobody seems to like change especially when it threatens personal equilibrium. I realize that we love remaining in our comfort zones, as much as we’re afraid of change. Frankly.

Fear sometimes may be good; for instance if we’re afraid something is going to get worse if we don’t do something, we’re prompted to take action. Howbeit, it’s catastrophic when we’re so afraid it prevents us from doing anything……like being afraid that a past experience may repeat itself in our new relationship and we are so afraid, we get uptight and defensive.
The mentality that J will metarmorphosize into I is a ruiner. Old beliefs do not lead to new cheese. And for crying out loud, one bad experience isn’t in anyway indicative of a pattern! Let’s give our lives the chance to breathe and experience new things. Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process [Anne Wilson]. And change is bound to happen.

Sometime during the Christmas break, I ran into an old friend at the salon who thought I hadn’t changed at all…...and hmm, it was mutual…….she hadn’t changed one bit too…….lol!
But seriously, we both did evolve whether we acknowledged it or not. I personally ‘molted’ in 2009……and discovered to recover….aleluya.

2009 is one of those years I’ll always make reference to for many reasons;

One, for the faithfulness of God to me and my family (from house warmings, academic victories, baby showers to spiritual rebirths, our testimonies can last each Sunday in the year….Glory be to God)

Two, for the painful experience of true love gone sour (now you better not ask about this one coz I aignt telling……naa……not in your cute life……..lol! Okay I’ll try to say something soon, even if it’s a beat around the forest, I guess it would do……….lol)

Three, for the trials of corporate Nigeria (sounds like a book title right? Go on write if u can but remember me in d acknowledgements) and the adventures of a sassy lil gurl down a realtor’s alley (don’t amazing things happen after a million dollar coffee shot? This isn’t Starbucks’ o!)

Four, for the wakeup call to reconnect with my spiritual root – the Godhead family in Benin City….(‘going home’ has been fun and a blessing!)

And five, for the thrills of love rediscovered (aha that’s part 2 reloaded – stay tuned!)

Away from me now, to you. Yes you, my dearest you!

What was your 2009 like? Good, bad, ugly ……none of the above or all of the above? What would you always remember twenty-o-nine for? Would you remember it as;

The year you fell in love with me? (‘coz I’m looking sideways right now and there’s no other damsel but moi……lol, I just thot a little laugh would do us some good!) Or seriously now, the year you fell out of love?

The year you said ‘I do’? Or the year you broke off? (Either way, so help you God!)

The year of global economic downturn and mass retrenchment? Or the year you landed your biggest break so far? (pay ur homage and remember – ‘thou shalt love thy neighbor as thy self’)

The year Michael Jackson said “This is it” and took his final bow? (Oh how he finally broke my heart, someone here was going to be Mrs. Michael Jackson!) Or the year Farrah Fawcett took her last breath?

The year comrade Sanusi dramatically metamorphosized our banking celebrities into municipal villains? Or the year some elected and appointed leaders debuted the most confusing drama about leadership misdefined?

The year a Mr. President made the most trips to the physicians? (One of which he is yet to return from, the truth of which is uncertain and causing so much disenchantment with the government, and which I sincerely hope will restore his health fully. Aside being the President, he’s an individual and the father of a household; we cannot but wish him quick recovery as God’s children!)

The year infidelity demystified the golf god? (I wish him a genuine rebirth and a quick come-back to the course; if nothing, at least for the fellow I know who though he’s over 60 wants to be like Tiger when he grows up…….lol)

Or perhaps the year Nigeria received a sudden (maybe rude) lash of an attempted suicide bombing by one of her own? (Each time I recall the look in the eyes of that 23-yr old child as shown in the papers, my heart bleeds for our dear country, and I sincerely pray and hope we will not have another prodigy driving a spear through our hearts. Amen and Amen.)

What exactly is it you remember about twenty-o-nine; I’m interested in your experience……gist moi.

Ciao.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa....luks like i'm the 1st 2 make it here....lol. It's so gud to have u back gurl.....welcom 2 planet earth.....lol

Indeed, it's the Lord's doin dat we made 2010 & I'm gr8tful 4 his mercies...as for 2009,i honestly want to 4get it o.....true!

Anonymous said...

Hi sasy, love ur post and do admit dat i'll not forget 2009 in a hurry.....lots happened but i bless God i'm alive today and naija is recovering (amen pls)

Stay alive!

Anonymous said...

i know a lot of awful things happened in year 009.....but it was da bomb 4 me........not only did i find my missing rib after many many years of searching, i landed this wonderful job with NDDC and i feel very blessed....

best wishes!!!

Sasylicious! said...

Many thanks for the comments you all.....regardless of your experience in 2009, i believe a better and fulfilling 2010 for you in Jesus name.....amen.

But then, i'm still interested in more 2009 gist.....i'm waiting