28 September 2009

Dream the Dreams!

It’s amazing how time flies! With October knocking obstinately, I can’t help wonder where the year is hurrying to. I mean when did we wish each other happy new year and also thrill ourselves with the fun of April fool’s day? To think that we’ve almost done ten months in the year. Nine years ago, two thousand and nine seemed like an eternity away; like we were never going to make it here if the world didn’t end first. The prevailing vicissitudes were dreary and the future wasn’t any different. Presumably. I remember thinking back then that I probably won’t leave college before the world ended; you know, either by Jesus’ second coming, an implosion, or some doom from Hades. But look where we are today. And how well we’ve turned out! Aiignt God good?


I don’t know about you but I can still serve at the White house, work at a Forbes top-lister or be my own CEO. Variably, I can still fly a plane, solo-sail the world, or surpass Michael Phelps records. And oh yes, take a dinner cruise with Prince Alwaleed and maybe date Usher, marry David Beckham and be Mrs. Bill Gates!

I know you think I’m dreaming alone. Truth is I’m not. We each had these or similar fantasies perhaps wilder ones while growing up and if I’m not mistaken, some of us still do. How we all wanted to study medicine to become doctors, work in the bank or work with an oil company!

It’s great to dream big right, after all, you never know what the tides sweep your way. Remember what they say about preparation? Amazing things happen when it meets with opportunity. You never know, Posh might wake up one day, see your face somewhere and ask to trade spouses. And Gates might be interested in polygamy! You never know, so keep dreaming but try to stay away from my man – I’m dating Obama though he doesn’t know it. Look elsewhere, Shakira or Kimora might be interested......lol.....I'm sure you know i'm just teasing.

Jokes apart, if you have a good dream, do well to wake up and pursue it. Time waits for no one, and believe it or yes, lost time may never be regained. Men have been doing stuffs with their lives; it’s time you do something with yours. Gird your loins and start today – with diligence and hope audacious. Nothing shapes your life more like the committments you choose to make. You basically become what you’re committed to. And you know what? Life will not give you what you want but what you have consciously or unconsciuosly programmed yourself to recieve.

Marymary inspired me when they sang; “when walking just won’t get it, I’m running. If I can’t walk then I’ll crawl and I’ll get up if I fall, I’ve got to get to where you are, and I won’t stop for nothing, it’s hard but it’s worth it”.

The word is Courage. Though a few things won't be the way you hoped they would be; though people will disappoint and let you down; and though you’ll sometimes be frustrated and confronted with unexpected responsibilities, God knows every detail of your life and will continually work out good in your favour, regardless. Regardless of logic and science, regardless of your abilities and inadequacies, dreams and fantasies, His plan is to beautify your life, and beautify it He will. Great is the measure of His love.

Lataz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm encouraged!

Tanks.

Anonymous said...

me too.....and I'm dreaming my dreams.....if only dat were enof!